Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I knew it was my last day there

Things were all set. Family Members were flying with their wheels-on-legs. Happiest as ever as I was and every single person was serving me.

I was expecting this day right from my childhood to seek attention of my family members. New dresses, jewels, cosmetics, this, that and what not in my room around me.

Everything got packed and all are ready-to-go. Cabs arrived. Elders prayed for a minute and blessed me.

No words but tears rolled down from my MOTHER's eyes.



I knew its my last day there at my HOME, as we were heading to marriage hall for my MARRIAGE, next day...


Written for 100 words on Saturday at Write Tribe prompt of ‘I knew it was my last day there’.

5 comments:

  1. An occasion in every young lady's life has been beautifully written and fits aptly with the theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KP...and yes its a great as well painful moment for every girl in her lifetime...

      welcome to my blog and hope you would be visiting often hereafter with your valuable comments..

      Delete
  2. Every lady looks forward for this day as she bids farewell to her old home and the memories associated with and to create new memories in the new home. I absolutely love the way you wrote it and melted my heart:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thanks Vishalbheeroo....Glad you liked it...and yes that it happens in every girl's life.

      Hope you enjoy reading further in my blog...

      Delete
  3. A joyous event, with a sheen of happy-sad tears. Lovely

    ReplyDelete

Your Scribble Please...